Interaction with Industries
1. Prof. Pradyut Ghosh from TRC at IACS has signed initially a memorandum of understanding with Environmental research group, R&D, Tata Steel on removal of cyanide and chloride from steel industry waste water to mitigate the wastewater pollutants, reduce water consumption and maintain sustainable recycling process. The cage complex receptor (active ingredient) is capable of complexing 70-80% free cyanide in steel wastewater within 10 minutes. This active ingredient had been used to treat Tata Steel wastewater, in lab process. This particular molecular capsule has been made in large scale and delivered to TATA Steel for removal of toxic elements from water.
2. Technology for the selective sensing of female sex pheromone of certain agricultural pests like Helicoverpa armigera and Bactrocera oleae for the early detection of pest infestation has been developed and is in the near transfer stage. The companies like GK Machineries & Robotics Pvt. Ltd. and Monsanto, an agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation, have signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and trial IP license form with Prof. Santanu Bhattacharya and the other inventors at TRC, IACS.
3. Technology for various pest management mediated by pheromone nanogels has also been developed by Prof. Santanu Bhattacharya and the other inventors at TRC, IACS. The process for signing of NDA has been started with AgNext Technologies mediated by Agrinnovate, India. Incoming and outgoing material transfer agreement (MTA) has also been signed with Dr. Arjun Singh Baloda, Rajasthan Agricultural Research Institute (RARI), Durgapura, Jaipur (Rajasthan), India.
4. Technology has been developed by Prof. Amitava Patra to modify sunscreen with novel antibacterial and photocatalytic properties with ZnO–9-Aminoacridine Hydrochloride Hydrate Drug Nanoconjugates. This project has been funded by Unilever Industries Private Limited.
5. Technology for transparent, flexible silicon nanostructured wire networks with seamless junctions has been developed for high performance photodetector applications and is in the near transfer stage. Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) has been signed with OSRAM by Dr. Mallikarjuna Rao from TRC at IACS.
6. Oligo-Guanidines composed of heterocyclic rings with hydrophobic/ lipophilic group at the N-terminal based cellular transporter has been developed by Prof. Surajit Sinha from TRC at IACS for effective delivery of nonpenetrable cargos in vitro and in vivo and also is in the near transfer stage.
7. Work done by one of the TRC coordinator (Prof. T. Chakraborty) has generated interest of TATA Steel and accordingly they have funded to initiate a focused project under the TRC at IACS. TATA Steel has the objective of assessment of the level of OH radical, atmosphere’s detergent, in the ground level air of Jamshedpur and suggestive remedies.